After travelling to Singapore and Bali for about a week and a half I have a ton of food pictures (and a nice catch of menus). And pictures of the food will follow, but let me just give you an appetizer (or should I say aperitif?): the coctail of all coctails – The Espresso Martini.
The drink in the picture was made at the beach bar Ku De Ta in Bali.
It is quite easy to make, it is refreshing and a bit of a “pick-me-upper”. Good coffee is key, however. This is what you need to make it (this is better than I´ve gotten at any bar yet…):
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part espresso (hot and fresh, either from an espresso machine, room service or a moccha-pot)
- (a bit less than) 1 part kahlua
- plenty of ice cubes
- a coffee bean or two for decoration if you feel fancy
- 1 del vodka
- 1 del espresso (rykende fersk, enten fra en espressomaskin, rom service eller en mokka-kanne)
- (litt mindre enn) 1 del kahlua
- rikelig med isbiter
- en kaffebønne eller to til dekorasjon om du føler deg fancy
Throw it all in the mixer and give it a good shake. Here is the view from one of the espresso martinis on the trip: from LeVeL 33 in Singapore looking over at Marina Bay Sands.
Another one was made and enjoyed in the pool at a Bali resort. I am one happy camper, can you tell? 🙂
Now, you know what to test out this weekend. The espresso martini is to die for, even if it is not served from a pool! 😉
I promise a food recap in a few days. There was so much good food, I will be hard pressed to remember it all – but I will do my very best.