It´s Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday. You´re cravin´some pizza, but the weekend is just so so far away… And you really truly honest to God are trying to lead a healthier life (at least for a few weeks between summer and Christmas). So how about spelt bottom, lean chicken, good quality bacon, and cheese? Maybe some tomatoes for good measure?
Depending on how mcuh time you want to spend making this pizza you could either use the following recipe for the dough… or use a pre-made one (I honestly admit that that´s what I did!). If that´s like cussing in church, I just don´t care… I guess that´s the “plastic forks” speaking. Anyway, the pizza still turned out delicious.
Homemade spelt dough, enough for a large rectangular pan:
- 2.5 dl luke warm water
- 2 TS olive oil
- 1 ts salt
- 1 pack yeast
- 3 dl whole wheat spelt flour
- 4 dl plain/all-purpose spelt flour
- green pesto, enough for a thin layer (100-150 g or so)
- 2-3 chicken fillets, cubed
- 200 g bacon
- a handful of small tomatoes
- cheese (how about a mix between Jarlsberg, Mozzarella and Cheddar?)
- 2.5 dl lunkent vann
- 2 ss olivenolje
- 1 ts salt
- 1 pk gjær
- 3 dl sammalt spelt
- 4 dl siktet spelt
- grønn pesto, nok til et tynt lag som dekker bunnen (ca. 100-150 g)
- 2-3 kyllingfileter, i terninger
- 200 g bacon (gjerne skogsbacon)
- en håndfull små tomater
- ost (hva med en mix av Jarlsberg, Mozzarella og Cheddar?)
Spread the pesto over the dough.
Throw the chicken in a hot pan with a little oil. It doesn´t need salt, the bacon will be enough – but a little pepper never hurt anybody. Now fry up the bacon. Spread the chicken and bacon evenly over the pesto.
Add some tomatoes, and finally sprinkle over some cheese.
Bake in the middle of your oven at full blast for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is starting to brown. Let the pizza cool just a little before slicing and serving; you don´t want to scorch your dinner guests (or your kids)!
Quick, delicious and relatively healthy – Enjoy! A little sour creme or creme fraiche tastes good with it, by the way.