Busy times calls for self-making dishes! How about some quick and simple – yet juicy, flavorful chicken, ovenbaked in a coconut and curry sauce? Yes! I know you want it… 🙂
- 4 chicken fillets, cut in strips
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3-4 ts red curry paste (or green if you want it a little milder. I wanted it spicier, but only had the green in my fridge…)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- Optional: a dash of Thai fish sauce
- Jasmine rice
- 4 kyllingfileter, skåret i strips
- 1 boks kokosmelk
- 3-4 ts rød curry paste (eller grønn om du ønsker en mildere rett)
- 2 gulrøtter, julienne-skåret
- 1 rød paprika, julienne-skåret
- Valgfritt: en dæsj Thai fish sauce
- Jasmin ris
First things first… “Julienned” is only a pompous way to say “sliced into long, thin strips”. Good. Now we got that out of the way. Let´s get to the first step. Pour/spoon a can of coconut milk into a large oven safe dish. Stir in as much curry paste you want. Just taste it before adding the raw chicken…
Hmm. Such a green tint is normally not a good sign when it comes to food and cooking… But just ignore that and slice the chicken fillets and vegetables into strips and add to the dish.
Make sure that it is all coated by the sauce.
Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius / 390 degrees Fahrenheit until the chicken is done; about 45 minutes or so. Until it looks kind of like this.
Serve with some lovely, fragrant Thai Jasmine rice and you, my friend, are good to go!
Now, if you happen to have days that are a little calmer than mine, then this is a great foundation recipe! Meaning you can easily step this up a bit… Some spring onions would not hurt, neither would some julienned zucchini or bamboo shoots. Or some scampi, perhaps? Oh no… now I´m hungry again… :S
Peace and love,